Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garrett Anticipates Elliott To Camp On Time
(07-27-2019, 05:06 AM)cellarrodent Wrote: That's a valid perspective, for sure.  He's definitely one of best in the league running behind the best OL in the business, which I find somewhat bias in how good he really is?  I think a number of good backs would be 'very good' backs running behind this OL, and cost a lot less.  I prefer the Patriots approach myself, especially in the modern FA cap NFL.  The days of paying a ransom to a single back have come and gone for those that win SB's...imo.  If Zeke commands a reasonable compensation, pay the man, but I doubt that'll be the case?  I put both Dak and Cooper into this post as well...  I'm not 'at all' convinced either are worth what they think they are, and once again...prefer the Patriots approach to managing a team correctly!

That's the same thinking that lead them to letting Murray go.... and things went downhill without him.  There is a difference between best in the league, or even top 5..... and very good.  Our backups are running behind the same line Zeke is, and we keep changes those guys because none of them have done as well.  We've had injuries on the o-line and it has affected Dak's play more than it has Zeke's.

The Patriots are good because they have Belicheat and CryBrady..... you can sub other skill players in and out because of that pair.  I like Dak and Garrett, but they are not CryBrady and Belicheat.  The Patriots also have the advantage of playing crappy teams half of the season.  They are often among the leagues easiest schedules.... as they are again this year.
Some folks look for facts to support their opinions.... smart folks look for facts to form their opinion.

Zeke was a waste of a draft pick

(07-28-2019, 12:35 AM)StarHart Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 05:06 AM)cellarrodent Wrote: That's a valid perspective, for sure.  He's definitely one of best in the league running behind the best OL in the business, which I find somewhat bias in how good he really is?  I think a number of good backs would be 'very good' backs running behind this OL, and cost a lot less.  I prefer the Patriots approach myself, especially in the modern FA cap NFL.  The days of paying a ransom to a single back have come and gone for those that win SB's...imo.  If Zeke commands a reasonable compensation, pay the man, but I doubt that'll be the case?  I put both Dak and Cooper into this post as well...  I'm not 'at all' convinced either are worth what they think they are, and once again...prefer the Patriots approach to managing a team correctly!

That's the same thinking that lead them to letting Murray go.... and things went downhill without him.  There is a difference between best in the league, or even top 5..... and very good.  Our backups are running behind the same line Zeke is, and we keep changes those guys because none of them have done as well.  We've had injuries on the o-line and it has affected Dak's play more than it has Zeke's.

The Patriots are good because they have Belicheat and CryBrady..... you can sub other skill players in and out because of that pair.  I like Dak and Garrett, but they are not CryBrady and Belicheat.  The Patriots also have the advantage of playing crappy teams half of the season.  They are often among the leagues easiest schedules.... as they are again this year.
I agree that Zeke is a talented cat, but that in itself isn't all the matters in a team game.  This guy needs to be paid now, with a year and an option on his current deal, which isn't bad, it's not all about the team anymore...is it?

And disagree on the Pats comments entirely...  Pat are 'great' because of Bellichick, and how he manages a team, and the personnel on the team.  I've never experienced 'anything' quite like it in football in general...  His ability to acclimate in an FA league, phenomenal!  DC's org isn't "shit" compared to what this org has accomplished with the same GM/Coach for the amount of time he's been able to stay on top, and in an FA league...  Where "money can't buy ya love" any longer...

(07-28-2019, 03:28 PM)Primetimek9 Wrote: Zeke was a waste of a draft pick
Is this "Prime" from the dc.com days Prime?

I would bet that Garrett is still confident that Zeke will be on the team by the start of the season.... probably by the last pre-season game, if not before.
He doesn't really need much work to be ready, even if he's off a bit in the first real game or two.

Pollard is looking real good, and I can't wait to see more of him. If Zeke does do something monumentally stupid, like missing games.... Pollard may be able to keep the offense humming, especially given that our first two or three weeks aren't exactly the toughest of our season.
Some folks look for facts to support their opinions.... smart folks look for facts to form their opinion.

The unfortunate thing is...if our coach was Bellichick, none of these cats would still be in the building... Then he'd find new cats "without a name" and still win... Either that, or he'd negotiate and convince them, that in order to "win", you have to have to field a 53 man roster of suitable players... Never gonna happen for this org... Let's just do a "little" something more than we've done for 25 years in 2019, and let the rest fall out as it likely will forward... I really don't have even a very small amount of faith/respect for the Jones family football perspective...and never will! Why in the hell would I...they've accomplished "nothing" for almost half my life!