Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lobby
@rodent... jones/clampetts??? Them's fighting words, podnuh. I remain convinced, regarding Stephen, the apple fell far from the tree. Thank god. I just couldn't take any more of Jerry the gm.

(09-29-2019, 12:46 AM)cern Wrote: @rodent...  jones/clampetts??? Them's fighting words, podnuh.  I remain convinced, regarding Stephen,  the apple  fell far from the tree.  Thank god.  I just couldn't take any more of Jerry the gm.
That's cause the damn apple tree was in Lockheed Martin's high speed wind tunnel, otherwise you'd of clearly come to the conclusion the apple actually had fallen right under the tree??  JJ, Jethro, Ellie May...what a peach!  Gonna sign em smore 100 million dollar contracts, and it'll all be over before it ever got started...stay tuned for more Jones/Clampet fun on comedy central! I take my hat off to how well the Chargers GM handled the Melvin Gordon situation...but DC is in complete desperation mode!

You should just suck it up, and get your ass back over there as well... The point of a forum is bringing together different opinions, personalities, and perspectives. Whether or not someone agrees with your position on things, that shouldn't be an issue. I don't agree with your opinion of the Jones/Clampets, but that doesn't mean I don't want to hear what you have to say either. See ya back over there...

@Cern kinda agree with the ratt on this one, the more personalities the better and sometimes we have to drop our pride but if you feel like you're treated unfairly then the hell with em.

@coach...I'm a guy who enjoys life. The other site just isn't any fun. Doubt there will ever be another group like we had on dc.com.

(09-29-2019, 03:03 AM)cern Wrote: @coach...I'm a guy who enjoys life.  The other site just isn't any fun.  Doubt there will ever be another group like we had on dc.com.
In my opinion, that's entirely driven by the fact that none of the members had any interest in the site, and had 'zero' control as a result.  Therefore, DC funded the site on their website, and hired moderators to manage the site, but none of the members had any controlling interest.  That's where things went wrong imo...  It's clear to me...this site is a perfect example of it. If somebody owns the site, and not in the mix, along with the moderators out of the member mix...none of the members are in control, live happily ever after, and eliminated from "power"!  Human nature is all about what Frederich Nietzsche wrote about in "the will to power"!

(09-29-2019, 03:41 AM)cellarrodent Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 03:03 AM)cern Wrote: @coach...I'm a guy who enjoys life.  The other site just isn't any fun.  Doubt there will ever be another group like we had on dc.com.
In my opinion, that's entirely driven by the fact that none of the members had any interest in the site, and had 'zero' control as a result.  Therefore, DC funded the site on their website, and hired moderators to manage the site, but none of the members had any controlling interest.  That's where things went wrong imo...  It's clear to me...this site is a perfect example of it. If somebody owns the site, and not in the mix, along with the moderators out of the member mix...none of the members are in control, live happily ever after, and eliminated from "power"!  Human nature is all about what Frederich Nietzsche wrote about in "the will to power"!
I liken moderators to grade school hall monitors.  the need to be a squealer just runs deep in some people.  early on I was told there were no mods on talking cowboys, that in fact flummox and wanker owned the site.  but if they're starting arguments and then suspending people for giving it back to them, they're just grade school children.  i'm sure they're making a fortune with 4 or 5 posters at the most.

Well I guess it's just me, cern, and the ratt. I guess we'll have to make it work until there are more posters!

Cern I hope you reconsider your options and rejoin talking cowboys because like I told those jackasses the more personalities the better entertainment value and I know you bring value to all the rooms/boards!

@coach.....I appreciate the thought. You're 100% correct regarding having more personalities making a site better, but I think flocko and tks see this as losing control of their baby. That's probably why so few post there. Since I was restricted from talking about anything but the cowboys, it just got too boring for my tastes. At any rate , I doubt they'd take me back.

(09-29-2019, 06:34 AM)cern Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 03:41 AM)cellarrodent Wrote:
I liken moderators to grade school hall monitors.  the need to be a squealer just runs deep in some people.  early on I was told there were no mods on talking cowboys, that in fact flummox and wanker owned the site.  but if they're starting arguments and then suspending people for giving it back to them, they're just grade school children.  i'm sure they're making a fortune with 4 or 5 posters at the most.
Before I even get into this...you need to get back there as well...  Both TK & Flocko will have you back...come on!  These football forums consist of a bunch of girls...I'll even say that about some of my temper tantrums in the past...  It's pretty crazy, must say!

But I will say...that sites are best when the site isn't owned by an active member, who has no interest/involvement/connection with the members of the site.  That keeps a needed layer of separation.  It's also the case with the moderator(s), if ones needed.  As a result, that's probably why you enjoyed the old DC.com site?  All the members were equal...  Therefore, if you crossed the boundaries/rules, it wasn't on the members, but on the site/moderators to suspend you.

That's not the case any longer, and something you'll have to adjust to.  Now the owners/developers of the site are also members and posters on the site.  Since they're paying for the site to exist, and developing the site, you'll be playing by their rules, or not playing at all.  Of course while bias, friend networks, etc...can poison the site, you'll have to decide if you wanna play, and if so, you'll have to play by their rules.  Those rules can only be changed by either leaving, or creating/financing your own site/forum.  Or, of course, just sucking it up and doing what you do, posting as you would, offering the knowledge and opinion you have to offer, and flipping off the powers to be without being exposed...  You, of all people, should understand that no one likes the boss, even if they're amazing??  Not sure how many employees you had at LH Cern, but you must have some experience with how that works?

@rodent. I don't like that their rules are not equally applied to all the members of talking cowboys. The mutual admiration society gets a pass. So the best option for me was to leave. They'll soon turn on their newest member. He's not one to take any guff.

Cern makes a lot of good points especially about the rule NOT being equal or applied when they feel like it. Now as far as being a new member well not really, I've been a member for a while now just forgot all about it. If it wasn't for you mentioning the place I wouldn't have gone over there. I've already stirred the pot somewhat with a few of the regular kiss asses over there just let them know that I don't do ANTIFA and I'll exercise my 1st amendment rights, they didn't like that comment very much.

@coach. You'll have to tread lightly in snowflake city.

(09-30-2019, 11:32 PM)cern Wrote: @coach.  You'll have to tread lightly in snowflake city.
I still think you need to get back over there Cern...  If you run into a situation where you don't think things are being handled equally, send em a PM and just say what's up.  I do understand what you're saying on the favoritism program, but think if you contact them and state your case, I'm sure they'll take it in consideration.  You don't have "anything" to lose except pride/face, outside of that...zero!  So suck it up...we need ya back in the mix over there!

This site would've been great, considering all the old DC.com members that we're signing back up, too bad it stopped before getting started!

@rodent. Just paid talkingcowboys a visit to see recent posts. Saw two pages of talking about nipples. Saw starhart posting how excited he got thinking about coach d mom's nipples. All the mutual admiration society joined in the nonsense. I have no interest being a part of such sophomoric stupidity. It's embarrassing.