Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is This A Super Bowl Or Bust Roster?
Been good! Hope you have too. I've been spending time on the other site. It's good to see some of you other guys for a change!
Some folks look for facts to support their opinions.... smart folks look for facts to form their opinion.

yes it is. glad to see people congregating in here. havnt seen doc in weeks tho lol.

so … what are ur thoughts on daks upcoming contract?

I try not to worry too much about contracts. I think they'll get something done.... and many people will think he's over-paid. I'll be happy to just have that drama behind us..... with him, Cooper, and Zeke!
Some folks look for facts to support their opinions.... smart folks look for facts to form their opinion.

Watching the Blue/White Scrimmage... it's great to see Witten back in a Cowboys uniform!

Well that was fun..... but it leaves me wanting more! Bring on the season!

if contract disputes don't tip the cart, it could be the best chance we've had in over two decades to go to the big dance.

(07-27-2019, 02:58 AM)StarHart Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 01:47 AM)cern Wrote: with the new ad hoc gm, Stephen, making more  and more of the personnel decisions, the cowboys are heading in the right direction.  and kudos to will mcclay as well.  these two have put together a decent cast of characters.  all that remains is for the coaches to get the best from them.

If Stephen is "making more and more of the personnel decisions"..... then Will McClay is not doing his job.... nor is the rest of the scouting staff or the coaches.  If Stephen is making those decisions, then he is over-riding the opinions, evaluations, and desires of the staff.  That would be an idiotic way to run a NFL team..... if that's how things were being done..... but of course..... it's not.
did you just skip over the part where I said kudos to will mcclay as well?  it's there in black and white. Rolleyes

What's up Starhart & Cern ? ... good to " see " you guys again. Must be time for some Cowboys football. I like the addition of Kitna to the staff ... especially when he told the QBs to just rip it. Looking forward to seeing what Moore can do also. I think we'll be right in the thick of things again. Just can't wait until we take the next step to at least get to the NFC Championship game. If we get there , we'll get # 6. OH .... and Zeke will play this year.

(08-06-2019, 03:36 PM)cern Wrote: did you just skip over the part where I said kudos to will mcclay as well?  it's there in black and white. Rolleyes

It's the "as well" part that doesn't fit.  You can't say Stephen is making those decisions and then claim to give credit to McClay. 
If Stephen is making them, then McClay is not..... and you deny credit to the coaches and scouts.

Stephen is a front office guy.... his job is to handle contract negotiations and manage the cap.  He's doing his job well, but he's NOT making personnel decisions..... which would mean he's evaluating the needs of the team, the type of players that fit, scouting players around college football and the NFL, and forcing his decisions on the staff.  For someone who has been opposed to Jerry meddling in those areas of the team, you're suggesting that Stephen is doing FAR more of it than Jerry ever did.

(08-06-2019, 08:51 PM)nader Wrote: What's up Starhart & Cern ? ... good to " see " you guys again. Must be time for some Cowboys football. I like the addition of Kitna to the staff ... especially when he told the QBs to just rip it. Looking forward to seeing what Moore can do also. I think we'll be right in the thick of things again. Just can't wait until we take the next step to at least get to the NFC Championship game. If we get there , we'll get # 6. OH .... and Zeke will play this year.

Hiya Nader..... great to see you too!

I think Kitna will be a difference maker in that he's going to fix some of the issues that Dak has had..... and that should be great for our offense!

I love what the staff has done to address our issues from last year, and while I'm always optimistic, I see more reason for it this year, than have in a while!

The team is sporting one of the most talented group of players for a hell of a long time, for sure! It's putting that talent to work as a unit/team, that's always in question. In my opinion it's gonna be the improvement of the D, that saves our ass...not the O. The young D really showed up last year, and I'm hoping they continue to show that in 2019. They've certainly got a 'great' DC, and Richards on the back end as DC in the making... Nothings for certain though, and last year is simply...last year.

Given our D continues the trend from 2018...if our O can sustain drives, and do what they're capable of in the 'short game', then we have a chance to win this division and possibly a divisional playoff round, at least. Still not sold on Dak, Zeke or Coop at the pay scale they seem to think they deserve, but we'll see how that all fairs. I think it's more important to keep the OL together, as well as the D... I do think if those units are intact, we can still fair well with the departure of our skill players given price... Kitna can only help Dak, in terms of veteran experience, and tricks of the trade, but it's really all on Dak to show improvement. I think he's a talented kid for sure, but certainly not a 30+ million dollar talented kid at this point.

Brady just got a bump to 23 million, which I find very "friendly", and if DC wants to start a winning trend as a team, they'd better start thinking about the team, as a whole, and their longevity because they have a 'solid team around them... They won't with these types of contracts expected. I just don't see DC ever getting that though...but we'll see... Not "at all" a fan of the upper brass, and their ability to assemble and manage another dynasty... In an FA league, it's about the ability to adjust with departures... But 2019 is all I'm considering at the moment...

The Cowboys front office has done a great job of managing the cap and negotiating contracts, and I expect them to get Dak, Zeke, and Cooper's contracts done before the season starts..... and there are probably a couple of others they could do. Some are going to think Dak is overpaid.... some will think all 3 of them are. As long as they can manage things as well as they have been..... I don't care what they pay these guys. Our best chance to win a Super Bowl lies in having all three of them on the team and happy..... so I say get it done.... yesterday!

Also..... buckle up..... our defense is going to kick some ass! ;-}

I think this is a Super Bowl caliber team..... I could be wrong..... but I doubt it. ;-}

If I'm right, I want to keep it together for at least a few years..... having those guys all under contract should mean we have them for 3 years or longer, or If we find upgrades, they would have great trade value with a deal in place.

Hell.... we might even win 3 in a row!

(08-06-2019, 08:51 PM)nader Wrote: What's up Starhart & Cern ? ... good to " see " you guys again. Must be time for some Cowboys football. I like the addition of Kitna to the staff ... especially when he told the QBs to just rip it. Looking forward to seeing what Moore can do also. I think we'll be right in the thick of things again. Just can't wait until we take the next step to at least get to the NFC Championship game. If we get there , we'll get # 6. OH .... and Zeke will play this year.
sup, nader.  would love for this site to become like the old one.  especially the old news guys as opposed to the forum section of the other.  hope all is well with you.  i'm still hunting and fishing and loving it.  getting ready for football.