Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is This A Super Bowl Or Bust Roster?
(07-30-2019, 07:17 PM)StarHart Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 03:42 AM)cellarrodent Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 04:18 AM)StarHart Wrote: If the team had lost more of the last 8 games than they won.... you would say that THAT is relevant, as you often try to do with the last 20 years.... it's not surprising that you want to omit any positive information about the team.  Dismissing what is the most pertinent information available makes no sense at all!  Young players tend to improve with the experience and practice that comes with an off-season, and this is a young team!
No, I wouldn't say that's "relevant" at all...actually!  I would say that every year is a "brand new year" though, as I think I already have?  It's great this is a young team, and yes they have some talent on both sides at least for this year, but none of it really matters if they don't win in the post season.  So young, old, medium, over easy...we haven't won, so until then...

I'm going to have to call BS on this one!  You rail about this team and how a lack of deep playoff success over the last 20 years indicates that they won't succeed anytime soon, and now you want to deny that the most recent information is irrelevant.  If the last half of last year means nothing about where this team is and what they can do, then the last 20 years would mean less than nothing.
??  Pardon, but you're not making much sense here...or even less than you usually make?  Even if they won an SB in 2019, a 1/4 century to do it is pathetic...  They haven't won a division playoff game, let alone an SB in that time.  Should they win, that doesn't at all erase the Jones lack of accomplishments for me...period!  They had ta do the shit their way, and have repeatedly failed year after year since they took over. They'll need to have at least a 4/5 year run where they're competitive in the playoffs consistently at least...and that doesn't include the WC game either...  I'm not a "one hit wonder" kinda fan!

I feel sorry for ya Rodent..... it must suck to be so tortured by your team..... but there are blue skies on the horizon! ;-}

I think it's fair to consider that there are a LOT of "other ways" they could have done it, that could have brought worse results.
We could be where we are without those 3 Super Bowls, because without doing it Jerry's way, we didn't have Jimmy.
Doing it Jerry's way was hiring Jimmy and building a team.... and it worked very well.
Jimmy hadn't proven a thing in the NFL when he was hired and there was no one else even considered for the job.
I think we all want more of that, but it's pretty hard to find.
I think they're closer to having a situation like that now, than they have been in many years.
I don't think another back to back Super Bowl run is out of the question.
Fair warning.... if something like that happens, there's a chance you might find me a tad obnoxious. ;-}
Some folks look for facts to support their opinions.... smart folks look for facts to form their opinion.

(07-31-2019, 03:15 AM)StarHart Wrote: I feel sorry for ya Rodent..... it must suck to be so tortured by your team..... but there are blue skies on the horizon! ;-}

I think it's fair to consider that there are a LOT of "other ways" they could have done it, that could have brought worse results.
We could be where we are without those 3 Super Bowls, because without doing it Jerry's way, we didn't have Jimmy.
Doing it Jerry's way was hiring Jimmy and building a team.... and it worked very well.
Jimmy hadn't proven a thing in the NFL when he was hired and there was no one else even considered for the job.
I think we all want more of that, but it's pretty hard to find.
I think they're closer to having a situation like that now, than they have been in many years.
I don't think another back to back Super Bowl run is out of the question.
Fair warning.... if something like that happens, there's a chance you might find me a tad obnoxious.  ;-}
Oh Jesus Christ...I don't have the energy to even consider commenting on this load of bullshit!  Unfortunately, I'd have to "dumb down" to get on your level...and not willing to do so...sorry!

You could have commented in the time it took you to post whatever that was. ;-} Just sayin'

This is a young team with a lot of talent in a lot of places. There weren't a lot of problems last year and.... so far..... it looks like they've done a pretty good job of addressing them. If they show even a little improvement on the D-line, at safety, and in Dak's accuracy and consistency.... this team will be TOUGH to beat! I see reason to be optimistic that those improvements are coming...... and Witten is back..... so there's that too.
Some folks look for facts to support their opinions.... smart folks look for facts to form their opinion.

The "selling point" in bringing in Kitna is that he's big on details like mechanics and footwork. I think it makes sense that a seasoned vet would be a little better at those things than even a very smart young guy like Moore..... who is a better fit doing play and offense design type stuff..... or running the offense. I love hearing that Kitna is working so hard on things with Dak.... and when folks are raving about Dak's accuracy, even at this point in the season.... that's a sign it's working!

(07-31-2019, 03:40 AM)StarHart Wrote: You could have commented in the time it took you to post whatever that was.  ;-}  Just sayin'

This is a young team with a lot of talent in a lot of places.  There weren't a lot of problems last year and.... so far..... it looks like they've done a pretty good job of addressing them.  If they show even a little improvement on the D-line, at safety, and in Dak's accuracy and consistency.... this team will be TOUGH to beat!  I see reason to be optimistic that those improvements are coming...... and Witten is back..... so there's that too.
This team is our best opportunity in quite a while imo, primarily based on D alone...  Offensively I think we've been better or at least as good the year we lost to GB in the PO's...  Romo finally got a sufficient and cohesive OL in front of him, and D.Murray ran his ass off!  We had some moments on D that year as well, just weren't as well put together as I believe this unit is.  This year, if any, is finally our opportunity to win the first round of the PO's.  That's of course considering we stay collectively healthy.

(07-31-2019, 04:02 AM)StarHart Wrote: The "selling point" in bringing in Kitna is that he's big on details like mechanics and footwork.  I think it makes sense that a seasoned vet would be a little better at those things than even a very smart young guy like Moore..... who is a better fit doing play and offense design type stuff..... or running the offense.  I love hearing that Kitna is working so hard on things with Dak.... and when folks are raving about Dak's accuracy, even at this point in the season.... that's a sign it's working!
Come the regular season...we'll find out.  Until then, nothing more than speculation...  But we 'can' hope anyway!

Where the hell is everybody? You knuckleheads know it's football season right?

I'm still here..... I've had a busy week.
Just because you can do something, doesn't always mean that you should.

Busy schmusy... it's football season dammit! Priorities!

super bowl or bust ….. no matter what happens, I like Richard far more than garrett. Richard is most likely going to be a head coach next season. so its either promote him, or lose him. I don't lose him to keep garrett. I promote him, no matter what the outcome of the season.

(08-04-2019, 10:17 PM)Whip Wrote: super bowl or bust ….. no matter what happens, I like Richard far more than garrett. Richard is most likely going to be a head coach next season. so its either promote him, or lose him. I don't lose him to keep garrett. I promote him, no matter what the outcome of the season.

They're not going to fire Garrett after we win the Super Bowl! Cool

(08-04-2019, 10:36 PM)StarHart Wrote:
(08-04-2019, 10:17 PM)Whip Wrote: super bowl or bust ….. no matter what happens, I like Richard far more than garrett. Richard is most likely going to be a head coach next season. so its either promote him, or lose him. I don't lose him to keep garrett. I promote him, no matter what the outcome of the season.

They're not going to fire Garrett after we win the Super Bowl! Cool
they don't have to fire him. his contract is up. just don't resign him. bump him up to the front office. whatever it takes to retain richard

I ain't worried about it.... I hope Richard sticks around, but Garrett has put together a great staff and a darned good team.

how ya been SH? been a while